<$BlogRSDURL$>

NetWatcher's Guide to Everything

You see, without that little doohicky, the universe stops.

Mario Kart DS

links

puzzles

friends

archives

View my profile as others see me
 
Get Firefox!  Get Thunderbird!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

9.2.06

When is an Internet Connection Not an Internet Connection 


So...

I go to send an e-mail the other day, something I enjoy doing from time to time, and I realize that I can no longer send e-mail from my computer. Yay! So I dial up BellSouth tech support, and get the standard Indian-trying-to-speak-with-an-American-accent tech guy, who proceeds to tell me that I'll need to be using BellSouth's SMTP server from now on if I want to send mail. I politely inform him that the entire reason I have an SMTP server on my computer is that I don't want to use BellSouth's server, and ask him what I need to do to get port 25 unblocked.

He then tells me that Vishnu has commanded that any residential DSL customers who want the freedom of, say, e-mail, will have to upgrade to a commercial package. It's all good, though, because they can get me this great deal that only adds about $50 to my phone bill to give me access that an ISP should give me anyway.

*sigh*

RoadRunner, here I come.

Comments: Post a Comment